What is Brave?
BRAVE is a catalytic movement for girls.
BRAVE intentionally reaches vulnerable girls (foster care/probation/sexual abuse/divorce).
BRAVE sees empowerment as the GOAL. We want girls to be strong and free.
BRAVE celebrates diversity—all colors, shapes & sizes!
BRAVE connects the community and the local church to work together.
BRAVE believes girls are the solution not the problem.
Boundless Vancouver offers two types of Brave programs to accomplish these things - an annual one-day event and a year-long mentorship program. Please see below to learn more about these programs.
Brave is a FREE one-day event to remind girls they are valuable and worth being celebrated. Our goal is to inspire all girls, give them a boost of confidence, and motivate them to be brave.
Brave is for girls ages 12-18 and the adults who support them. We believe in uplifting all girls. That means you... even if you don't think you're worth it.
This year, Boundless Vancouver is collaborating with Westside Church to host Brave on February 27, 2021. Brave attendees can expect to see fun activities, food, guest speakers Cheryl Nembhard and Danielle Strickland, prizes and giveaways, and a chance to meet other girls their age. It's our hope that they walk away seeing their world in a whole new way.
Brave Circles is a ten-month mentorship program for at-risk girls ages 12-15. Brave Circles exists to see teenage girls empowered and equipped to develop their character through stable and healthy relationships with their mentors and peers.
The program consists of 3 main components:
1. Mentor/Mentee Meetings
Our mentors and mentees meet 1-on-1 at least two times a month to:
- Plan and do recreational activities together (i.e. hiking, movies, coffee, etc.)
- Plan and do life-skill building activities together (i.e. budgeting, cooking, laundry, etc)
- Set and work towards accomplishing goals
2. Mentors/Mentees Gatherings
Mentors and mentees meet together bi-monthly to share a meal, learn fun new skills, and complete other activities together. These gatherings are held to teach the following:
- Fun recreational activities (painting, make-up, beading, etc.)
- Health (eating, exercise, mental health, etc.)
- Interpersonal skills (communication, healthy boundaries, etc.)
- Other life skills (time management, resumes, cooking, etc.)
3. Mentor Training and Support Session
Bi-monthly, our mentors gather together for:
- Peer support (share experiences, connect, encourage, etc.)
- Education and skill development (goal setting, cultural humility, active listening, etc.)
Apply for Brave Circles
To get involved with Brave Circles as a mentor or mentee, fill out the application below and email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ways to Get Involved
Volunteer as a mentor
- Meet with a mentee at least twice a month
- Attend a monthly gathering
- Ten-month commitment required, around 6-8 hrs each month
- If you are interested in volunteering in the 2021-2022 session, we will likely be recruiting mentors in June or July of 2021.
Help run the bi-monthly mentor/mentee gatherings
There are multiple ways you can get involved with the bi-monthly gatherings:
- Lead a workshop and teach the participants a new skill/something you are passionate about (ex. calligraphy, pottery, baking, etc.)
- Plan and coordinate decorations for the gatherings
- Help with set-up and clean-up
- Help with food preparation
- You can also come to the gatherings and be a friendly presence that is simply there to connect with the girls
- If you are passionate about event-planning we would love help in planning the bi-monthly gatherings
- No time requirement. You can help with as many bi-monthly gatherings as you want.
Help with administration
- Be responsible for receiving and managing all documentation and processing receipts for reimbursement and honorariums.
- Ten-month commitment required, around 3-5 hrs each month
Join the Brave Planning Committee
- Help plan, organize, and develop the Brave 2021 Event
- Will be responsible for one specific area of the event planning (ex. crafts, decorations, workshops, etc.). It depends on your interests and abilities!
- Time commitment required: on average, you can expect a 2-hour meeting, once a month. Closer to the event, these meetings occur bi-weekly. These meetings will occur until the event on Feb. 27
- Pray for the program, mentors, mentees, and the Brave 2021 Event
- Pray that the mentees experience God’s love, transformation, belonging, community, and that their needs are met.
- Pray that mentors would have wisdom, discernment, empathy and kindness in their mentoring relationships. Pray that they would be a transforming influence in the lives of these girls.
- Pray that the right mentors and mentees would be paired together.
- Pray that the Brave 2021 Event would help foster confidence, self-worth and bravery in the lives of the girls that attend. Pray for the committee that they would be able to develop an empowering event. Pray for donations and the right community connections to be made.
Recommend the Program
- If you know people who would be a good fit for the program (mentor, mentee, other volunteering) please recommend the program to them.
Get In Touch
If you have any questions, please get in touch with us by clicking the button below.