What is Brave Circles?
Brave Circles is a ten-month mentorship program for girls ages 12-15. Brave Circles exists to see teenage girls empowered and equipped to develop their character through stable and healthy relationships with their mentors and peers.
The program consists of 3 main components:
1. Mentor/Mentee Meetings
Mentors and mentees meet 1-on-1 at least two times a month to:
- Plan and do recreational activities together (i.e. hiking, movies, coffee, etc.)
- Plan and do life-skill building activities together (i.e. budgeting, cooking, laundry, etc)
- Set and work towards accomplishing goals
2. Mentors/Mentees Gatherings
Mentors and mentees meet together bi-monthly to share a meal, learn fun new skills, and complete other activities together. These gatherings are held to teach the following:
- Fun recreational activities (painting, make-up, beading, etc.)
- Health (eating, exercise, mental health, etc.)
- Interpersonal skills (communication, healthy boundaries, etc.)
- Other life skills (time management, resumes, cooking, etc.)
3. Mentor Training and Support Session
Mentors gather bi-monthly together for:
- Peer support (share experiences, connect, encourage, etc.)
- Education and skill development (goal setting, cultural humility, active listening, etc.)
Ways to Get Involved
Volunteer as a mentor
- Meet with a mentee at least twice a month
- Attend a monthly gathering
- Ten-month commitment required, around 6-8 hrs each month
- To become a mentor, please first fill out the application at the bottom of this page
volunteer at the BI-MONTHLY GATHERINGS
There are many ways you can get involved:
- Lead a workshop and teach the participants a new skill/something you are passionate about (ex. calligraphy, pottery, baking, etc.)
- Help with set-up, clean-up, or food preparation
- No time requirement. You can help with as many bi-monthly gatherings as you want
Volunteer as the Program administrator
- Receive and mange all documentation
- Process receipts for reimbursement and honorariums
- Ten-month commitment required, around 3-5 hrs each month
- Pray that the mentees experience God’s love, transformation, belonging, community, and that their needs are met
- Pray that mentors would have wisdom, discernment, empathy and kindness in their mentoring relationships. Pray that they would be a transforming influence in the lives of these girls
- Pray that the right mentors and mentees would be paired together
- Pray for donations and the right community connections to be made
make a recommendation
- If you know people who would be a good fit for the program (mentor, mentee, other volunteering) please recommend the program to them.
Apply for Brave Circles
To get involved with Brave Circles as a mentor or mentee, fill out the application below and email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to chat more about Brave and discuss how you could get involved, please fill out a contact form by clicking the button below.
We can't wait to connect with you!