What is Brave Circles?
Brave Circles is a ten-month mentorship program for girls ages 12-15. Brave Circles exists to see teenage girls empowered and equipped to develop their character through stable and healthy relationships with their mentors and peers.
The program consists of 3 main components:
1. Mentor/Mentee Meetings
Our mentors and mentees meet 1-on-1 at least two times a month to:
- Plan and do recreational activities together (i.e. hiking, movies, coffee, etc.)
- Plan and do life-skill building activities together (i.e. budgeting, cooking, laundry, etc)
- Set and work towards accomplishing goals
2. Mentors/Mentees Gatherings
Mentors and mentees meet together bi-monthly to share a meal, learn fun new skills, and complete other activities together. These gatherings are held to teach the following:
- Fun recreational activities (painting, make-up, beading, etc.)
- Health (eating, exercise, mental health, etc.)
- Interpersonal skills (communication, healthy boundaries, etc.)
- Other life skills (time management, resumes, cooking, etc.)
3. Mentor Training and Support Session
Bi-monthly, our mentors gather together for:
- Peer support (share experiences, connect, encourage, etc.)
- Education and skill development (goal setting, cultural humility, active listening, etc.)
Volunteer Information Sessions
Does this sound like something you want to be a part of? If so, we're so excited to hear that and we want to invite you to one for our Volunteer Information Sessions! You can expect to learn about more the program, potential volunteer opportunities and the application process.
Here are our upcoming dates:
May 18 - Brave Information Session 1, 5:30-6:30pm
June 8 - Brave Information Session 2, 5:30-6:30pm
To register, please sign up:
Apply for Brave Circles
To get involved with Brave Circles as a mentor or mentee, fill out the application below and email your completed application to email@example.com.
Ways to Get Involved
Volunteer as a mentor
- Meet with a mentee at least twice a month
- Attend a monthly gathering
- Ten-month commitment required, around 6-8 hrs each month
- If you are interested in volunteering in the 2021-2022 session, you can attend an info session on May 18 or June 8 - please contact us for more information.
Help run the bi-monthly mentor/mentee gatherings
There are multiple ways you can get involved with the bi-monthly gatherings:
- Lead a workshop and teach the participants a new skill/something you are passionate about (ex. calligraphy, pottery, baking, etc.)
- Plan and coordinate decorations for the gatherings
- Help with set-up and clean-up
- Help with food preparation
- You can also come to the gatherings and be a friendly presence that is simply there to connect with the girls
- If you are passionate about event-planning we would love help in planning the bi-monthly gatherings
- No time requirement. You can help with as many bi-monthly gatherings as you want.
Help with administration
- Be responsible for receiving and managing all documentation and processing receipts for reimbursement and honorariums.
- Ten-month commitment required, around 3-5 hrs each month
- Pray that the mentees experience God’s love, transformation, belonging, community, and that their needs are met.
- Pray that mentors would have wisdom, discernment, empathy and kindness in their mentoring relationships. Pray that they would be a transforming influence in the lives of these girls.
- Pray that the right mentors and mentees would be paired together.
- Pray for donations and the right community connections to be made.
Recommend the Program
- If you know people who would be a good fit for the program (mentor, mentee, other volunteering) please recommend the program to them.
Get In Touch
If you have any questions, please get in touch with us by clicking the button below or email firstname.lastname@example.org